Happy New Year, everyone!
The Family List:
Family Goals 2013
1. Finish The Book of Mormon
2. Memorize The Living Christ
3. Be more active together
4. Make one another laugh more. Daily when possible.
1. This year I wanted to set some spiritual goals as a family. For the last few years we have had scripture time, but haven't made it through The Book Of Mormon. Last year, I started with a more concentrated effort to read through the it. Sometimes kids make things take longer than planned. (But that's okay.) I have been reading scriptures to the kids with them reading verses here and there, and we are currently mid-Alma. I would love for us to finish before Corban is baptized. His birthday is in March. We will shoot for that, but if it takes a little longer that is fine. Quality not quantity, right?
2. I want to show my children that we can set goals together and achieve them. Last week I had us attempt to start memorizing "The Living Christ." When you look at the whole document, it can be overwhelming. I found this website, and so far so good. We are coming to the end of our first week and here are the results for the first paragraph.
Seeing them be able to recite this gives me hope that we can do this. I'm so excited. :)
I would also like to have us recite daily or memorize other scriptures (or quotes) when we finish The Living Christ. Thing like Gordon B. Hinckley's B's.
"Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Involved, Be Clean, Be True, Be Positive, Be Humble, Be Still, and Be Prayerful."
Or the scriptures for the ward and stake emphasis for the year. Learn more (lesser known) church and primary songs. Have family time were we are learning.
3. I want us to get out of the house more. Get to the park, interact with family, friends, and neighbors more, plan adventures, be spontaneous. Maybe we will have to set a day, make a schedule, or have a rough plan. This one is a work in progress.
4. Maybe the goal will be a daily challenge. "Try to get a smile or laugh out of each family member." With all the sibling arguments and all the parents getting irritated with naughty children it is time to prioritize the positive.
I will be sharing my personal list of resolutions soon. What are some of your goals? What ideas can you share for our family to have success with our current goals? What are some goals you have set with your family? I would love some feedback.
Good luck with the coming year! We love you!