Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To Coupon or Not To Coupon?

I like good deals, coupons, and freebies.
I am not a coupon clipper. I print them sometimes, but I don't get the paper since they don't offer the deal I had a few years back (I only paid $16 for a YEAR of Sundays). I find that many offered coupons are items I don't normally buy, so it usually isn't something I really want/need. My MIL is amazing with coupons. If I did coupons like her it might be worth it to get the paper. It is nice that you can print so many coupons now-a-days.

For me I like a consistent low price and I stick with it, but keep an eye out for a good deal. I glance through the ads, mostly looking for pull-ups for cheap, produce deals, or a great sale on meats or poultry. I buy many of my staples at Costco: Milk, cheese, bread, meat. I shop my local stores for canned goods, etc. I love a good case lot sale. I subscribe to the diaper newsletters only for the coupons.

Here are a few of the sites I follow on google reader: Freebies4Mom and Hip2Save.
I would love to hear your tips, favorite websites, etc for how you get the most food for your dollar.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Blah. I dislike coupons. I like saving the extra dollar, but I hate tracking them. There are only so many things I can do. Coupons were dropped from the list months ago.

Cassie said...

I don't know if Smith's does this, but right now the Kroger here (the owner of Smith's) has double coupons. That means if you have a coupon for $1 off, then you get $2 off. Just something to think about.:)