Sunday, November 1, 2009

Book of Mormon

A few weeks ago our Bishop offered a challenge to the Ward. Read the entire Book of Mormon by Christmas. When we started we needed to read 7 pages a day to finish on time. Now, we probably need to read 9 pages a day to catch up a bit. But really we have done ok. Somedays are better than others. I have loved this challenge, and it has been a bit of a challenge. It is also kind of fun to have many of my neighbors participating. It really is amazing how even though I have read the chapters before that there can be new ideas and understanding come to me. It might be hard to get back in the habit of reading together, but it has been a positive experience so far.

We are also studying the Book of Mormon in Institute this year. We have some wonderful teachers and I have learned so much. If you haven't seen the new manual you should check it out. I think it is well worth the $6 even if you are just using it for personal study or reference.

What are some books you like to use with your scripture study?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

We had a "Book of Mormon" challenge to finish before our stake conference next week. It has been a neat experience. It was wonderful for me to read more than my usual chapter a day.